Volunteer Counsellor (VCL-161)
2 days per week
You will be providing individual counselling sessions for clients referred to the counselling service assessed by St Giles Trust Yorkshire Manager (Qualified Psychotherapist). A commitment of 2 hours a week, on an evening for counselling practice, administration and occasionally training and development meetings.
- Be in at least the second year of a recognised counselling/psychotherapy/counselling psychology training programme with an existential-phenomenological, person-centred/humanistic , or integrative core model
- Have previous experience of providing individual counselling/therapy
- Have experience of working with clients experiencing a range of psychological and emotional difficulties
- Have an awareness of and an interest in the difficulties experienced by our clients including those affected by the criminal justice system
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with vulnerable people
- Have an understanding of the significance of boundaries in therapeutic work
- Have undertaken at least 12 hours of own personal therapy
For more information please click on the JD below.
If you feel this is something you are able to do, please contact Chelcey.Huxley@stgilestrust.org.uk for an application form.
Email queries/applications forms to HR@stgilestrust.org.uk Quoting the relevant Job Reference No: VCL-161
St Giles Trust
64-68 Camberwell Church Street
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer.